SOMETIMES I CRAFT MYSELF

Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Freakin' Want That!

I've decided to start a feature called... yeah... you guessed it.....
 "I Freakin' Want That!"

Basically, because I have my own Etsy shop, I'm on there often just clicking away searching for cuteness. Every once and awhile I will run across something that makes me scream "I Freakin' Want That!!!"

Today's item has a little back story but I know you're dying to see it so I'll show it to you first and tell the story later.

This totally rad old skool Nintendo Controller Purse by In Hope

I just absolutely adore this. 
I Freakin' Want That!!!



And now for the back story....

When I was a young girl this really awesome video game system came out called "Nintendo". 

Before that, the closest thing that I knew to a video game was going to the pizza parlor (that's what we called them way back then) after my mom's softball games and sticking quarters into a machine so I could have 30 seconds of fun or going next door to my friends house and playing Frogger on her Dad's Atari system.

So when Nintendo came out, I was so excited!!
 I started saving everything I could in my piggy bank. I think I was about 8 or 9 years old at the time. Months went by and I only had about half of what was needed to buy the basic system. The game deck, one controller and one game... Super Mario Brothers.
If I found a penny on the ground, it went right into my piggy bank. I had everything in there. Pennies, nickels, dimes. Even Chuck E. Cheese tokens. 
I said I was 8 or 9. I didn't say I smart.

So one weekend my aunt and uncle came from out of state for a visit. I told them all about how I was saving up to buy myself a Nintendo. I went on and on and on about it. They asked to see how much I had saved up. So we went to my room and I uncorked the piggy bank and dumped it out on the floor. They started counting it with me, throwing the Chuck E. Cheese tokens aside. To my surprise, they told me that they would like to help pay for the Nintendo! I probably wanted to pee my pants at this point. But the next thing I remember was being inside the store and buying the system. Not only did they buy me the system, but they bought me the deluxe one. The one with TWO controllers, super mario brothers, the gun controller and the duck hunt game!! I was seriously so happy! We went home, they set it up for me in my room and I must have played all weekend long and every other night and weekend until Super Nintendo came out.

I was a pretty annoying kid. So looking back, I'm sure the only reason they forked over the dough to buy that for me was so that I wouldn't annoy them during their stay.

Yeah.. that's probably it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...