I'm in desperate need of some Valentine's Day Decor, but I haven't got a lot of funds to purchase a bunch of stuff so I've raided my craft supplies and I came up with this sweet little thing....
It's as CUTE as a BUTTON!!!
Awhile back, my Nana gave me a bunch of old buttons. They're really cool. I separated them all by color and when I got this idea to make up this cute little framed Valentine's Day decoration, I went straight to my Nana's buttons. I feel like this is a really fun way to use them. Every year I can pull out my "Little Love Button" frame and think of my Nana.
So... I decided to create a little tutorial for ya......
First thing you'll need is a picture frame. I chose one that I purchased from Walmart awhile back for $2.00. Then, you'll need some Mod Podge and a brush for application (I only had the Outdoor Mod Podge on hand so I was a bit worried about using it, but it worked wonderfully). Then you'll need some mismatched buttons in various sizes, a scrap of fabric roughly the size of your frame. I choose black but I think pink would be cute too. And last but not least.....a glue gun.
I removed the glass portion out of the frame and applied the Mod Podge to one side. Then I placed my scrap of fabric onto it, smoothing with my fingers to remove any bumps. I let that dry for a bit, then trimmed any excess fabric around the glass. It doesn't have to be perfect because the edges will be hidden behind the frame anyway.
Next, I put the glass portion into the frame, fabric side facing out, and attached the backing of the frame.
Then I got my buttons together and laid them out in a way that I felt worked best for the size of the frame and size of the buttons.
After I had the buttons placed, I took one button at a time, starting from the top of the "L", put a dab of glue on the back of the button, then placed it onto the black fabric. I have to admit that at first I was putting the dab of glue directly on to the fabric then placing the button, but after a few of those, I was sick of removing all those annoying glue gun strings and realized putting the glue onto the back of the button was probably a better way to do things.
Much better and NO STRINGS!!
And here is the end result....
I just love it.
I'm so glad that I found a use for some of my Nana's buttons. I think this thing turned out pretty cute. It was very simple to do and it only took me about 20 minutes total to gather my supplies and put the thing together from start to finish.
Easy and Cheap... Just like me!! LOL