SOMETIMES I CRAFT MYSELF

Monday, January 24, 2011

New Recipe = Yumminess

The other day I wanted to make something a bit different for dinner. I LOVE Chicken Tortilla Soup, but I've never actually made it myself. When I was searching through my cupboards, I thought that maybe I had everything on hand to make some. So I went online to my favorite ladies forum and I posted asking for recipes for Chicken Tortilla Soup.

I had about 6 or 7 recipes to work with within just a few minutes. This ladies are awesome!!

I ended up basically meshing all their recipes together according to the ingredients I had on hand and got busy in the kitchen. The end result was DELICIOUS!!! 
In fact... it was so good that I ended up serving it again last night for a little dinner party we had. We served  the soup along with 2 loaves of freshly made whole wheat bread that I ground up myself in my fancy schmansy Blendtec Blender. It was yummy!! And super duper easy.

I though I'd share my little recipe with you. Here it is...

2 large chicken breasts
2 or 3 cloves garlic
1/2 small onion
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes with chilies 
10 corn tortillas
oil for frying
sour cream
shredded cheese

Bake the chicken breasts until done. Remove from oven and chop into small cubes. Add chicken to bottom of large pot. Mince garlic and chop onions. Add to bottom of pot and saute on high heat for about 2 or 3 minutes, stirring often. Add cayenne pepper and stir. Next add your chicken broth and cream of chicken soup. Turn heat to medium/high. Drain beans and corn and add those to pot. Next, add the entire can of diced tomatoes and chilies. Do not drain. Cook on medium/high heat, stirring occasionally until heated through. (about 10 minutes). While your soup is heating up, cut your tortillas into strips and fry them up. Drain on paper towels.
Top your soup with tortilla strips, cheese and a dollop of sour cream. 

Enjoy. Your family will love you.


On a side note: We had a visitor this weekend. Mister Studly's BFF came for a visit from Washington. We had a nice little visit. On Saturday they woke up super early and went snow boarding. They had a really great time but I do have to say that they are not as young as they used to be!! 

That night at 8:00 they were both starting to doze on the couch and I think I heard about 10 or so complaints of aches and pains from both of them. I talked them into staying up until 9:30. 

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Mmmm...I love that soup. I've never heard of adding cream soup to it though. And yeah, isn't it amazing how fast they get old when it comes to sports?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...