SOMETIMES I CRAFT MYSELF

Monday, July 5, 2010

Lookie What I Made...

Well... this fatty's on Weight Watchers right now. 

So far, I'm liking it. I only lost 2 pounds last week so that was kind of a bummer but at least I'm losing and not gaining!! 

So yesterday for the 4th, I decided I would make one of those American Flag cakes. All of my cake decorating supplies are packed away and won't see me again until we move into our home in about 3 months. Till then, we're living with the in laws and I had to make due without all my fancy schmansy tools.  I guess that's a good thing since I'm doing Weight Watchers. I know my fondant and butter cream would put me way over my points for the next 3 weeks!!! 

Instead I made myself what I'm referring to as "Diet Cake". It's only about 3 points per serving so I can kinda cheat but not cheat if you know what I mean.

Here she is.....

It's basically a Jello Poke cake and a Diet Soda Cake rolled into one.
Want the recipe??

Here is it...

Ingredients
1 Box White Cake Mix
1 Can Diet Sprite 
1 large box Sugar Free Strawberry Jello
3 Cups Boiling Water
1/2 tub Cool Whip Free
Sliced Strawberries and Whole Blueberries 

 Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Get out your 9x13 inch pan and lightly spray with Pam.
In mixing bowl dump in boxed cake mix and diet sprite. Mix till fizzies are gone.
Pour into pan.
Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Immediately start on the jello by boiling your water.
Once boiling, add packet of jello and whisk just till all the jello is well incorporated. 
Set aside but move quickly and poke holes one inch apart into your cake using the back side of a wooden spoon.
Pour jello liquid onto cake. Or spoon it on to be sure all the holes get filled and the cake is covered evenly.
Refrigerate for about 3-4 hours.
Remove from fridge right before serving. 
Spread Cool Whip on top and top with yummy berries.
Serve immediately and store leftovers in fridge.

It was super yummy. Even the non dieters in the family said it was delicious!

Not too shabby for something low in fat and calories.

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...